Monday, May 6, 2013

I Am what I Am not

I read some psychobabble the other day that went like this - and I paraphrase - Identity is developed by Identifying what it is not. To play along...

I'm not a stalker. I'm not a creep. I don't have an altar. I have a job.

That job is prophet. Prophet works for God. God is Unknowable. And what is known?

Gwyneth Paltrow.

Unknowable?

Gwyneth Paltrow.

Close enough.


Obsession merely obsesses. Love needs expression. The above, before, merely a demonstration of that expression. Drew her a hundred times, over the course of thousands of hours. Wrote her a million words. Still.

But... no f'in way, would I live that lifestyle. Have a thousand cameras outside my door. Have every moment available for every criticism. And as to love is to free, I couldn't make her be like me. So, no.

See how quickly I don't want to possess her?

I'd much rather be possessed by her.

No comments:

Post a Comment