Monday, May 27, 2013

Why?

So I'm in the joint, May of 2000; not because I'm a criminal, but because I have no direction. I have no reason.




And all I'm good for, is drawing stuff. I'm drawing stuff for the denizens of county, for coffee, for colored pencils, when I decide to draw my favorite actress, Gwyneth Paltrow. One sketch, and she became the one real thing in my life. I don't know why. I don't know why all the real people in my life seemed so less than real. I don't know why she was so vivid, so tangible, so very much that girl. But from one sketch I fell, from hundreds I continue to fall; and from this life I continue to lead, this girl that I've never met is more my truth than the air that I breathe.

Gwyneth Paltrow, I love you. I don't know why, I cannot say that I care why, I can say that I shall always love you. For you are my why.

No comments:

Post a Comment